Do Good.

September 23, 2013

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a boy meets world fiend. As in, I own a Mr. Feeny t-shirt and every season, kind of fiend. I spent a Christmas break probably back in 2010 rewatching every single season (that my boss of a sister bought for me for Christmas that year) and developing probably an unhealthy emotional attachment to it. To this day BMW quotes still pop in my head all the time and have the tendency to impact my actions. It really had that big of an effect on me.

I remember watching the final episode with my sister Kelsie and yes she made fun of me when I bawled like a baby watching it. I kept composure until this last part, which is shown below (it's cut in a few places though).


So why the heck am I even posting on Boy Meets World? Besides that it's the greatest TV show to ever exist... It's because I'm having one of those days where one of the quotes is just bouncing through the walls of my head. If you watched the video above you would have heard it. While the title of my post is "Do Good" and you other avid BMWers probably are thinking the quote I'm talking about is the classic Mr. Feeny one, but you're wrongo. It's what Eric says to Mr. Feeny:

"I don't know what's going to happen to me. But I do know that I'm going to be a good person who cares about people."

Let's be real, life can really just suck sometimes. Most of the time it's hard because of things out of our control--like when all of your teachers decide to have a test on the same day, or when you lose someone close to you, or even just getting a flat tire. It's easy to complain or ask "Why me?" But I've come to the realization that when everything seems out of control, we have control over ourselves (even though our emotions try to tell us otherwise). We can still choose to be good people who care about others, despite the curve balls life may throw. I find great peace in knowing that I can choose to exercise my agency in a helpful way rather than negatively add to the challenges of everyday life. 

I really don't know specifically what's going to happen to me, but I do know that I'm going to do my best at being a good person who cares about people..& I hope I can live in a way that others would say that this phrase does apply to me--regardless of the seemingly hard circumstances or situations I may find myself in. 

-meg.
D&C 122:7-9

You Might Also Like

0 ounces of lovin'