Prompt #5: Write a Poem.

July 30, 2013

I'm obviously really good at daily prompts guys. Today's prompt is "Write a Poem", so I embraced my inner poet {which is metaphorically the same thing as a 4 year old trying to wear their parents shoes}  and wrote this puppy.


Pale, Blue Dot

You feel billions of miles away,
Because maybe you are.
You turn back to see what you’ve left behind & witness
A pale, blue dot.

It’s so easy to get consumed,
When it all seems bigger than you are,
But when you’re an immense distance away,
It’s just a pale, blue dot.

Continuing yourself forward
On the brink of new discovery,
The impatience tends to suffocate you, and you long
For that pale, blue dot.

You want to turn back,
the uncertainty blinds your soul
you’re not quite sure where you’re going as you creep farther and farther
from the pale, blue dot.

The farther away you get,
The more it becomes out of sight.
You’re on the edge of the universe, my dear, don't be afraid to escape
that pale, blue dot. 


If you're wondering what that "pale, blue dot is" or where the "inspiration" {can I even call it that?} for this little poem came from, check out the following links:
 

What exactly is the "Pale, Blue Dot?"

Listen to a rockin' podcast about that "pale, blue dot" here.

Somedays I embrace my inner nerd. And by that, I mean all the time.

-meg.

You Might Also Like

0 ounces of lovin'