PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER

May 31, 2013

 {read for free here}

Any one else read this book & love it like I did? Let's be real, it is a little racy in some parts, so if you're offended easy don't read it. I definitely wouldn't let my future teenaged child read it, but definitely my future 20 year old child {yeesh, scary thought that I'll someday have a 20 year old child}--ANYWAYS.

This book = extremely easy read. However, it contains some serious depth. It also explained some things in life I was striving to understand at the time in a way that has never made so much sense before. Especially when it came to living one's life and loving others.

1: If you love someone, do things for them. Don't "be" things for them. Be what you are & work to become a better person permanently for yourself. If someone doesn't love the person you are, flaws & all, you shouldn't have to become something else for them. That's not love.

“You can't just sit there and put everyone's lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love. You just can't. You have to do things... I don't want to be somebody's crush. If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it too. I want them to be able to do whatever they want around me. And if they do something I don't like, I'll tell them.”

2: Live for your own life and make the choice to share it with other people.  

“I think the idea is that every person has to live for his or her own life and then make the choice to share it with other people. Maybe that is what makes people "participate.”  

I could probably share 100 quotes from this book and keep talking about it forever but that would make for a pretty boring blog post. If you've never read it {& aren't offended easily}, I recommend you do. I read it in two days AKA it's a very quick read. The movie is good, but the book is slightly better. DON'T BE AFRAID TO BE YOURSELF! Because if you are yourself, someone, someday, will love it. & you'll be glad that they aren't afraid to be themselves either, because you'll love them too.

-meg

You Might Also Like

0 ounces of lovin'