here's to the antisocials!

October 12, 2012

let's be real here, I've never been the most social girl ever.
of course I've had my peaks {last school year} & my valleys {right now},
but overall--I've never been one of those, let's hang out with 50 people at once and see who can be the loudest, kinda person. Call me boring, but it's exhausting. I'd rather hang out with 2 people that I have a genuine, personal connection with than skim the surface with many. So what does one do when you don't have much of a connection with ANYONE in your city? 
cry? 
It's happened, but I'm over it. I know this is the college life--I'm supposed to be out running the town, walking up to class while in lively conversation with my homies, having dance parties, etc..
I did that last year, & last year was great. But it is no longer last year. It's never as good as freshman year, so I've heard it's said. People who I have that connection with, often times become people I had a connection with. I have a hard time making a connection as it is..I have a very distinct personality & when it comes to potential friends, it takes me a long while to really let them in--for many reasons. Reasons 99% of people don't know or understand when it comes to me. So for right now, I'm taking the somewhat antisocial route because while I'm surrounded by great people who I genuinely enjoy the company of, sometimes all I want to do is really get to know them. the heart & soul of them. not who they are when everyone else is around. the person everybody doesn't know. Unfortunately, opportunities like this don't come too often. So I opt out of the big social gatherings. 
unless there is food.
because to me, it kind of gets exhausting, and I'm a senior citizen apparently? whaterr. 
I love my family--the best friends I've ever had.

CHEERS TO THE WEEKEND! 

You Might Also Like

0 ounces of lovin'